Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Tent

For this years family pictures I wanted a stylized camping session. These pictures are for our main living room and wanted to express something our family loves to do. But I also wanted it whimsical in away. When I saw this tent on A Beautiful Mess I knew it was exactly what I was looking for.

I showed the design to Steve and then told him I wanted it a little bit bigger to fit the three of us in it. He got to work and did a fantastic job!
First he picked up four 6 foot 1x2 and three 3/4 inch dowels. At the ends of each 1x2 he drilled out a 3/4 inch hole for the dowels. Then we put it together.
Here is what the frame of the tent looked like, before I added the fabric.
Next I picked up a bunch of lace curtains from thrift shop and some white fabric.

Once we started placing the fabric over the tent we realized it wasn't going to be big enough so I had to make a little sewing and draping magic. This matched it more to the style on the blog.

I am so happy with the way it turned out. It made for the perfect backdrop for the pictures.


More of the pictures with us in them to come.

~ Cassi
ps. Check out my links page to see where I have linked to.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...