Friday, April 13, 2012

Five Minute Fridays~ Good Bye


On Fridays we write, one topic, no edits. Just the pure form of writing to write. Join all of with Lisa Jo at The Gypsy Mama.
Topic: Good-Bye

This month I learned I am not really good at supporting someone else's good-bye. This past month my Mom lost her sister and my Grandmother lost her daughter. She left them after a a long battle with cancer.

It was hard watching from the side lines, not knowing what to do or say. It wasn't my goodbye. I barely knew my Aunt. I had met her twice in my life. She was married to military and moved around so much that I didn't get to know her. So the pain didn't run deep for me.

I did the standard checks on how they were and prayers but I still felt like I should have done more. But what and how. How do you help someone say goodbye?

~ Cassi

ps.
Stop by  Tuesday's post and get in on a Giveaway for a new wallet from DaySpring.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. So hard to watch those you love grieving. I'm sorry for your loss and your family's loss. I've not been in your same position, but I think by being a present and available listener you can offer great comfort to your family. Blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your family's loss. I lost an aunt and 2nd cousin in the past couple months. I didn't know them very well, either, but it is hard to lose loved ones in a family. I think it's good to acknowledge the person's life and the grief... to say something. I think it's harder when people don't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so hard when it's somebody else as you feel so helpless. Often just being there is enough.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...