Friday, December 2, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ Tired

Today is Friday are you ready for it? Ready to write for five minutes without editing. I am ready so join the rest of us who are ready over at The Gypsy Mama's Blog.
Today's topic

Tired.

This season brings out the tired in me. From Thanksgiving to Birthday to Christmas. It is a never ending sea of responsibilities, expectations, and excitement.

Not that any of that is bad, in fact mostly it is the opposite. I love the time with family and friends. I love the Church services reminding me a night long ago. I love the look of white twinkling lights.

But I may be to much of a Martha to truly enjoy the moment. To breath in deep the love that surrounds us at this time of year.

Instead, I worry about food, the 'perfect' gift, the decor. I tend to over plan and rework the pleasure right out of the season.

So I get Tired. I get tired of the commercialization of Christmas that I buy into each year. And each year I tell myself not too.

So again this year I tell my self to be a Mary. Rejoicing in the birth in her King. To take a moment and remember, feel, breath deep the love of family and Salvation.

~ Cassi

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It is my goal to slow down this season and enjoy it more than I have in the past. I am learning to say "no" more often. : ) I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your feelings and experiences are being voiced right and left! It sounds to me like you may be slowing down this year and making the season a bit more spiritual. Cool!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good reminder! I love your 5 minute Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...