Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ Unexpected

It's Friday and how this week is going I am glad it is only five minutes of writing because that is about how much time I have today for this blog.

Topic: Unexpected

It is the unexpected that makes me anxious. The unexpected bill when I crash yet another car. The unexpected price of things that drive up the budget. Those financial things that worry all couples, families, individuals. They seem to be on my mind so much lately.

The more the unexpected comes up the more I earn for the unnecessaries. It's a hold I know he has over my brain,. That I need this or that. Or it's not that expensive. Retail therapy I think some call it. Not that all want is wrong.

But I let it hold in a little too deep sometimes. I let the unexpected financials to eat away at me.

Trust in Him... God will provide for our true needs and the unexpected. That I understand. But how do we reconcile that with our wants. I want a new camera (mine is dying a slow death) and I want a family trip to the ocean this year. Two items that have a death grip on me.

I can give trust to God the the unexpected...now I need to give him trust for my wants. And that my wants are His wants for our family. And to trust if they are not answered prayers.

That maybe there is something else Unexpected out there that is His wants.

~ Cassi


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Yep, I think we all struggle with this. At least, I know I do. But your honesty and your heart are refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never thought about it before but you are SO right... Whenever things are so tight, I want things (so bad I think of nothing else) like to go out to eat or a movie. It is those times when I feel like I have nothing to wear and my hair needs something new done to it...
    You have given me a lot to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happens to me too. Finances change for the worse and I almost have to go buy something just to prove that I still can. God deliver us all from this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man girl, I can so relate to this! Our family went from a very comfortable lifestyle (my husband is a psychologist) to below poverty level in one fell swoop (my husband left our home about a decade ago.) It's been years and I've gotten a lot better, but so often I get the urge to buy something for myself or the kiddos because.... well, I don't actually know the why,lol. But I know too well that "death grip" those desires can have on one. Blessings, blessings and more blessings may the Lord rain down on you for being so honest! You have lightened my load today.

    And I just said a prayer about the whole camera and vacation sitch;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can very much relate to this post. We're preparing for our first child and oh the fiances! Doing my best to trust He will provide all we need and want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can really relate to unexpected finances.

    In my unexpected God has provided for me in ways in which I never imaged.

    I've learn to trust Him because His word says that we can expect Him to provide for all of our needs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a good post, Cassi. I think the unexpected can come in so many forms. Right now my unexpected is illness. It's hard not to let health become my idol... like you said, it has a sort of death grip on me. I do want to look to God and see what "unexpecteds" he has around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...