Friday, October 28, 2011

Five Minute Friday ~ Relevant

It's Friday, which means time to join the girls at Gypsy Mama. Write for five minutes on one topic unedited.


Topic:
relevant
"pertinent to the matter at hand,"

The matter at hand to society is not what is Relevant to me.

I don't know what Jersey Shores is about. I have never watched a show where someone is voted off an island (is that even still popular?). I try hard to not watch shows that give parents, kids, families a bad name.

I am not versed in what is Relevant to our culture.

I am trying to stay relevant to my God, my Marriage and my Family. I (we) are in a fight to save our marriage, to grow our faith and be present in our families. Fighting a fight that our culture wants us to loose.

Praying daily for the strength to win the fight.

To daily bring in things that are Relevant to US

~ Cassi

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh you are a beautiful person.
    and I know it goes without saying...you aren't missing anything by omitting Jersey Shore..rest easy, lol.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! You constantly inspire me Cassie! Thank you for that! I love your dedication, determination and focus on loving commitment...
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. "trying to stay relevant to my God, my Marriage and my Family"

    So important and what matters most.

    My husband and I do enjoy some pop culture though. We like to see the way God weaves His story through other people's stories. And sometimes we find Biblical themes in unlikely places.

    I hadn't watched Survivor in years, but I watched a recent season. There was an amazing young Christian man that had an interesting journey and remained strong in his faith. Sometimes it's neat to come across stuff like that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...