Monday, October 31, 2011

Faux Pumpkin Dinner

This weekend we kept the Halloween celebrating going. Last weekend we had the costume party this weekend we did themed dinners. Our first was faux pumpkins adapted from this site.
I took orange bell peppers and carved them like a pumpkin. Cutting off the tops and then adding faces. Meanwhile Steve cooked up some Stove Top stuffing and sausage and onion. Once that was cooked we filled the pepper with the filling and put them in the oven for 40 minutes. 
Here is the finished products.

See that fancy bread.. that is fresh bread made by my parents in my Dad's new outdoor bread oven. He built it from scratch this summer and we have reaped the benefits ever since.

The peppers could have cooked a little longer in my opinion and we cooked them 10 minutes longer than the recipe called. Otherwise it was a success. Mouse loved it.

~ Cassi


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. i really love this idea!! I would have never thought to do this with bellpepper!!! This is so awesome--- I have to do it today!!!
    I am a new follower from the Hop!!!
    -follow me at onesweetstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...