Monday, October 3, 2011

Comfort Zone

Yesterday I stepped outside my comfort zone. I attended a blogger meet-up. My first! I also decided that I really should do this alone.  I didn't bring my Mom, a friend or Steve. This in it's self would rack me full of nerves. I always bring someone with. But I felt led not too. To meet the girls who's blogs I follow, to be the unread blogger of the group.
As I stood at the door of Amelia's Floral, the bitter aroma of Gigi's coffee filled my senses as anxiety started to take over. But the beautiful eclectic feel of Amelia's and the friendly staff started to easy the nerves.

I was nervous about being the non-city girl of the group. But soon I was laughing with Heather about giving out generic locations, because no one knows our small towns. We are eight minutes apart! The group turned out to be quite diverse in locations. Gussy put together a great group to build Terrarium. (more about that tomorrow)

Thank you Gussy for a fun afternoon but thank you more for pushing us outside our comfort zones.

~ Cassi
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! :D I have been hoping to do this for a long time. I almost got to meet a specific blogging friend recently, then inadvertently met someone else I met through blogging on the same trip! Wild small world!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...