Friday, August 5, 2011

5 Minute Fridays ~ Whole...




Joining up with Gypsy Mama's 5 minute Fridays. In her words "So let your words and your story breathe today. Take five minutes and just write without criticizing your words, yourself or your story. Just write without worrying if it’s just right or not."

Whole...

Seeking whole. I feel like I have been doing that my all life. To be whole.
We as Christian's are told God fills the wholes within us. But I can never seem to feel the fullness, contentment, wholeness that comes with that.
Until last week while meeting with our counselor she brought up a point I had never heard before.
That God does not call us to feel comfortable. I think I have always combine the two whole and comfortable.
The wholeness I was seeking from God was my version of it. The heart whole, I belong, I am comfortable here.
I need to seek His wholeness.  The wholeness that breaks our heart and leaves it wanting for those in need. The wholeness that makes us step outside of comfortable. To take a stand in where I place my values. The wholeness that lets us feel the emptiness there is with out Him.
I am learn to be whole.

Five minutes are up.
Linking up here.

~Cassi

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What a great comparison, wholeness vs. comfort. God's wholeness can be so different from what we might picture. Thanks for linking up today! Have a blessed Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this..."wholeness that makes us step outside of comfortable..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, too..."The wholeness that breaks our heart and leaves it wanting for those in need. The wholeness that makes us step outside of comfortable." So often I think whole is all about me...instead of the WHOLE of what God wants to do with and through me.
    Great post!
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...