Saturday, May 28, 2011

Inspire Me- Memorial Weekend

This weekend is Memorial Day. It seems to be an easy holiday to overlook. But sometimes it catches me on how important it really is. How many lives went into making our Country what it is.
Know I know this Country has it's share of problems but who doesn't, right. That is one of the things I think makes this country so strong that we are will to continue to work and making it better. The soldiers continue to fight for the freedom we all take for granted.
"To help re-educate and remind Americans of the true meaning of Memorial Day, the "National Moment of Remembrance" resolution was passed on Dec 2000 which asks that at 3 p.m. local time, for all Americans 'To voluntarily and informally observe in their own way a Moment of remembrance and respect, pausing from whatever they are doing for a moment of silence or listening to Taps'." For more information click here.
What will you be doing at 3pm on Monday? I am not sure what we will be doing but this year I hope to make a point with Mouse on how many people have laid down their lives so that we may live the life we have.

I have never had real intimate knowledge of someone serving in one of the big wars. My Dad's brother was in Vietnam but he came home and we never talked about it. I have had friends who have recently served in Iraq and Afghanistan. But for some reason we don't really talk about it either. But in my own way I guess I have always tried to remember. This painting is one that resides in our house.

Since the first time I saw it, this painting has always stopped me. I am not even sure why but it touches me. We have this one and a few other paintings and pictures of memorials from when I was in DC around our house. How do you keep freedom displayed in your home?
~Cassi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...