Monday, April 11, 2011

Italian Veggie Soup

For making this soup up from pantry and freezer items, I thought it turned out soo good. I actually made this on our (hopefully) last snow storm of the year, two weeks back. I just haven't had time to post it.

Since we were snowed in I dug through the pantry to try and find a soup to make for dinner, the day definitely called for something warm. What saved the day was finding a bag of frozen rice, spinach and tomato mix.

So here is the recipe (to the best of my memory):
Chicken Sausage (1 package) diced
Rice Mix (1 package)
Canned Diced tomatoes (1 can)
Canned Tomato Juice (1 can)
Canned Corn (1 can)
Chicken broth (I think I added 2 cups)
Garlic (1 tbsp)
Italian Seasoning (to taste, I think I did 2 tsp)

Dice the chicken and throw in pan to brown sides. Once browned, throw in all the other ingredients and heat through.  Yep, that was it! Soo easy and very tasty..

Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...