Monday, January 3, 2011

Fabric Scrap Wreath

I have been planning this post for quite a while now, really, since summer but I just haven't gotten around to making the wreath. But it is finally done!
To make a fabric wreath you need A LOT of fabric. This one is for Mouse's room which is pink and black. Thankfully she also likes to wear a lot of pink and black so I had a bunch of left over fabric. I started by buying a HUGE embroidery hoop at a thrift store. That was this summer! And months later I gathered all of my leftover fabric. I cut this fabric into 3 inches by about 8 inch strips. This length with depend on how thick your hoop is. Since I am using an embroidery hoop and they are quite thin I was able to go shorter than some tutorials call for. You just don't want to go to small because it won't puff right in the end.
The rest of the project is easy. You just knot the fabric around the wreath. We did it in order 2 to 3 pink strips then one black, one white and one black, then back to pink again. And yes Mouse is wearing a spider shirt, she likes it, even outside of Halloween time. As you can see in this picture it takes a lot of fabric to go all the way around a large hoop. But it really didn't take that long to make.
Here is the finished wreath on Mouse's bedroom door. It is a nice glimpse of what you will see when you enter. More on Mouse's room later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Can't wait to see more of Mouse's room! Pink and black (or brown) is one of my favorite combos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...