Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for:

I am thankful for a lot this year.
First I am thankful, I got this necklace done! I have to give Flamingo Toes blog some credit. This was more work than I wanted to do. OK, it really was not that hard. But it was time consuming to string each of those strands. My thought was to take an old beaded necklace, that was popular in the 80's and use that so I would not have to restrand each of them. But I saw these beads at the store and those of my Mom. Then I got the ribbon and was rushing so I didn't look that closely at it. It wasn't the satin I thought it was, instead it was WIRED grosgrain. So, once I cut it to the size it was suppose to be, I pulled the side wires out. But being grosgrain it is still stiffer than I would have liked. But all that matters is she liked it.
Secondly I am thankful for my family and their health. Last year and the very beginning of this year was tons of health issues. It seemed like every day we were in the hospital for someone. But that seems for the most part to be behind us now.
So thank you to all my friends and family who supported us through prayers and laughter last year. It was such a blessing to know we had so many people caring about us.
Take this Thanksgiving to say thank you to those in your life that have been there.
We are now off to my Uncle's for some great food and more laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...