Monday, August 25, 2014

Jewelry Holder / Shadow Box

 
jewelry holder, DIY, Shadowbox
 
Mouse's jewelry was getting a little out of hand this past year. She had them in various boxes, bags and just thrown around between her bedroom and bathroom. While doing a bit of Pinterest searching I saw a great idea for a jewelry holder using an old frame. Now it was just looking for an old frame, Oh wait I have an entire box downstairs. Don't judge I may be a semi-hoarder when it comes to future arts and craft stuff, I get it from my parents.
jewelry holder, DIY, Shadowbox
After digging through my collection I settled a  pretty simple one and Steve put together the box frame for me. Praise to all the woman who can do this on their own, I learned I am not one of them. For numerous reasons I am not. But lets just end with saying he needed to extract the nails I put in and redo it then wood putty over the nail holes I made before I could paint it. I learned a lesson just let him do it. It will save me a lot of frustration and pain.
jewelry holder, DIY, Shadowbox
After the frame was done I did a bit of Mod Podge on the backer board with some scrapbook paper that matched the wall. Mouse really liked the paper. I did make sure I sealed this part since this will be housed in her bathroom. And the girl takes really hot and really long showers causing a lot of steam.  
jewelry holder, DIY, Shadowbox
For the storage part I added three rows of 3M mini-command hooks and four plastic bins at the base. Then came the fun part gathering all her jewelry and purging it. I love purging almost as much as I love the hoarding part.  
jewelry holder, DIY, Shadowbox
The first picture showed it on the wall like we had planned but Mouse couldn't reach it well from there so it was moved to the counter top. Thankfully she has a really big counter in her bathroom. And yes that is still a box next to it of more jewelry, even with purging we couldn't fit it all on the new box. Mostly because the third row I added was suppose to be for bracelets but all of her bracelets where to thick for the mini-hooks. But over all I really like it and it looks so much better than the old box. I should have taken a before picture.
~ Cassi





Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Just found your blog through MNBloggers...I'm in central Mn:) I have three girls and our youngest daughters nickname is mouse too, haha!

    Love this project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...