Friday, September 11, 2015

Not the Same

This is Five Minute Fridays so lets link up and write
So I write for Five minute, no edits, no re dos and at the end I will see if there are pictures from my week Instagram feed that match the words of this week.
Topic: Same
We are not the same and that's Okay! I have never been one of those Mom's that dress their daughter in outfits that match their daughter. (No offense if you are, it just wasn't me)
From the start I wanted her to have her own life. I didn't want to live vicariously through hers.
But society is so much about sameness when it comes to our kids. "you have your mother's eyes" "you have the same temperament as your father" (I wish she did), "your mother use to do the same thing" All of those are great in small doses.
But my favorite thing to hear is that is soo Mouse.
That whatever it is uniquely her. That part of her that makes her different.
That part that makes me smile.
It is those parts that push me to be a better mom and person.
Her heart for animals, that her father and I just don't fully grasp.
Her way of seeing good in people.
The way she sees art as a story and not just a great painting.
It is a reminder that in everyone we meet it is the differences that draw us together. That have us seek out conversation with others.
It is in the differences that we grow together.
~ Cassi
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...