Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Laptop Bag

 
My work has finally given me a laptop to work with, but the bag they gave me lacks all personality. Which means I am on the hunt for a cute but sturdy bag. I need one that can hold my mammoth of a laptop and still be able to hold a notebook and papers. I want  it to hold up to heavy weights and travel. To top it off I also would love to buy something that I know my dollars are going to a good cause.
This would have been my first choice but it is just a tad bit to small. Though Better Life Bags fit the bill in well made and good cause. From their website: "But the bags are not the focus of my business.  I desire to use my business and the platform it gives me to help others.  Since Better Life Bags started, I had been giving a percentage of the profits to low income enterpreneurs in developing countries through Kiva.org.  I still plan on doing this in moderation.  However, I also want to invest in the community God has placed us in currently.  We moved to Detroit in April 2010 to invest in a small community here called Hamtramck.  With 27 different languages spoken, a median income of $23,000, and housing values falling by 80% there is much need here. We hire women, who otherwise could not work, to work for us.  We pay them a living wage (20-25% of the total retail price) and watch them gain dignity, honor, and respect." But it is too small.
My next pick is this one from United by Blue. I love the mission of this company: (from their site) "We have always been passionate about the ocean and the waterways that lead us there. United By Blue was founded in 2010, driven by the idea of associating the sale of each product with a concrete environmental action. For every product sold, United By Blue removes one pound of trash from oceans and waterways through company organized and hosted cleanups." With how much I love the water, this company is so great. I also really like the detailing on this bag. My only complaint is no shoulder strap, with traveling I think I will need that.
My other idea has been to buy a bag through Amazon Smile, so even though the bag isn't possibly as ethical as I would like it, my money is still helping a cause of my choosing. This bag hits the mark in lots of areas, plenty bug, shoulder strap and cute, but there is not much for reviews on it and at it's low price point I am worried on its sturdiness.
 
So I need help...
I need a laptop bag for a 15.4 screen laptop. Any ideas?
~Cassi


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...