Monday, April 13, 2015

Her Own Style

When we were expecting Mouse, I was so excited when they told us she was going to be a girl. I had visions  for cute clothes and hair bows.  I had dreams of shopping and talking clothes and styles. And for a few brief toddler years I had that, granted our conversations were minimal but there were still had.
This past year Mouse has really grown into her own person with regards to hair and clothes. She is simple with a bit of punk when it comes to her style. It is different than what I imagined. Not that I am high maintenance, my own routine only takes ten minutes.
Mouse decided to go short with her hair this school year my final dreams of messy buns and hair bows went out the window. Much to Mouse's delite we gave them all to a neighbor.
But when it comes to my preconceived notions of what I thought having a daughter would be like Mouse has surpassed so many. That when it comes to arguing about her hair length, I decided it just wasn't worth it. I know it will grow back and it's growing on me. It's also great for her to be able to be herself. In spikey hair and colored streaks (you can't see the orange in it, in these pictures) she is happy with who she is.
She is the only girl in her grade with such short hair. And the part that makes me so happy is that she is OK with it. She is confident in a way I never was at that age. It makes me so proud.
In fact I think she pulls it off pretty good, especially when she lets me add a bow.

~ Cassi


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...