Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Bubble and Squeak

From Ireland to England, today I am sharing one of my favorite potato dishes, Bubble and Squeak. The dish is so named because it makes bubbling and squeaking sounds during the cooking process, which is fun to listen for. It's also a great use for left-over St Patrick's day food.
recipes, food, bubble and squeak
Ingredients
Cabbage (thinly sliced or diced)
Onion (diced)
Pre-cooked Mashed Potatoes
Butter
In a large frying pan heat butter then add onion and cabbage (if not pre-cooked) until tender. 
Then add mashed potatoes. Fry until a nice golden brown.
Then flip and let fry on the other side. This part is always the hardest for me. I end up with half flipped nice and the other half outside of the pan. I should try the flip on to a plate then back to the pan but I never think of that until after I make a mess.
Finish this off with salt and pepper and enjoy.

~ CassiPin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...