Monday, June 25, 2012

We're back

Amazing that is the first word that comes to my mind when I think of last week at Red Rock Camp.
I am the Dean of Women of Red Rock Camp.  This means I am in charge of the Jr / Sr high programing. This was my 10th year in this role but my 26th year or so of attending camp. I am so glad I can share this place with Steve and Mouse.
Lets start at the beginning, the first night we (as in the whole 200 person camp) had to cram into the basement of the main building due to a tornado warning.
Next we started with Becky teaching from the book Crazy Love. I haven't read the book but her message was so powerful on how we need to really focus on our relationship with Christ. She finished the week out by talking about how we need to show God's love to others.
We also played some great games thanks to Megan. My favorite was paper ninjas. Any game involving duct tape and crazy ninja moves can make you laugh. We liked it so much we played it twice.
It was also Mouse's first year as a jr camper. This means she got to stay in a dorm by herself and her counselors. She was excited and sad to change over into her own group. But she ended up having so much fun that we had to seek her out for hugs. One of her exciting moments was going sail boating for the first time.
I think my favorite moments of camp are the quiet times when the campers just gather in spontaneous worship. Thank you Zach for playing for us.

And a thank you goes out to all the counselors from this year. They do such an amazing job of working with kids. They just shine God's love to all. I am so blessed to work with them.
Thank you all for making it all so amazing. God did amazing things and I can't wait to see what he does through out the rest of this year. Until next year.

~ Cassi

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE camp. Love it!! :) Looks like an amazing time... glad to hear God did some amazing things, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...