Friday, March 30, 2012

Five Minute Friday~ Gift


On Fridays we write, one topic, no edits. Just the pure form of writing to write. Join all of with Lisa Jo at The Gypsy Mama.
Topic: Gift
Our house has been a mass of gifts this past weekend. Our little Mouse turned 9. There was gifts from friends, us, family and even ladies at church. It is sweet to know how much she is loved by others.
But it is a quote from Anne of Green Gables that look on in this sea of wrapping paper

"Diana Barry: I wish I were rich, and I could spend the whole summer at a hotel, eating ice cream and chicken salad.
Anne Shirley: You know something, Diana? We are rich. We have sixteen years to our credit, and we both have wonderful imaginations. We should be as happy as queens.
Anne Shirley: Look at that. You couldn't enjoy its loveliness more if you had ropes of diamonds"


I want to focus on the wonder. The gift of nature and imagination holds no bounds to the material gifts. Steve and I, I think, are doing a better job getting Mouse to understand the difference between fleeting happiness and the one that last when you are truly happy in life not things.
Here is to taking time to watch the sunsets.

~ Cassi

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love Anne's upbeat attitude. To seek for gifts we already have rather than seeking for the gifts that we don't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brought tears to my eyes. I love Anne of Green Gables and those are beautiful quotes. It is so good to grow in contentment and realize the gifts and beauty that surround us. We are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...