Friday, January 6, 2012

Five Minute Friday ~ Roar

It may be a new year but Friday's mean Five Minute Fridays. Just five minutes of pure writing, no editing and no do overs. The we link up with the topic provider Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama.

Today's topic: Roar

OK the first think that came to mind (as I am sure it did with a few of you woman) was "I am woman hear me Roar." No!?? Really??

I remember the first time I heard that song, it was from my cousin we were around 11 and 9 at the time. We were at  Christmas sitting in her basement, she was belting the song that line of the song out at the top of her lungs. I had never hear it before but at that age I liked it. The idea that we were woman not mere children.

It was later as I worked through a minor in Women Studies, that the song had meaning. Sometimes, many times we as women needed to Roar.
I know look at my daughter and hope she roars. That she is gaining the strength and courage to roar for the injustices she will see. The passions that will drive her. I hear her soft roars now in her righteous pleas of fairness. I pray they grow stronger that she will not be defined by culture but by the Father. That she will roar for him in ways I can't even begin to imagine.

~ Cassi

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I hope your daughter roars big, and bold and beautiful too! I'm sure roaring is good for the soul. Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "that she will not be defined by culture but by the Father" - I echo this prayer for my own children. Beautiful words here today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quote Bekka mentioned, too. Sometimes we do need to roar. Without being whiny. But with justified strength. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...