Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fellowship and fun

This past Sunday we had a group of friends over to the house. We planned the event when we were at Red Rock Camp. It was so great to get us all together outside of the camp setting. There was twelve of us including the kids (OK thirteen if count the one couple who has one on the way). This group was refreshing; the conversation was positive and laid back. The day started at 1:30 and before we knew it, it was 8 o'clock. Words can't express how perfect the day was.

To prepare for the BBQ, I got some inspiration from Pinterest. I decided to put together some picnic cans.
Taking a soup can, (Of course I washed it out) then wrapped it in scrapbook paper. I then added a ribbon around the top. To the ribbon I added hand printed name tags. In each can we added all the items each family would need with their plate. I also added a straw for the kids.
 Aren't they cute! The names have been blurred to protect the innocent. Alright, I just never asked them if I could post their last name out on the web. And since I don't post our name I thought it would be bad taste to show theirs. Except for one I wanted to show the tags. One of the families that came has the last name of Johnson which is probably the most common Minnesotan name. So here is the none blurred cans.
I am not sure how efficient these were but they added a nice touch of whimsy to the day. I hope all of you had as good of a weekend as we did.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Cool! :D The camp sounds like fun. The BBQ sounds like fun. And, I love your creative touch!
    Corine :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love to read your comments. In this crazy world it sometimes takes me a bit to get back to you right away, but please know that we are trying, especially if you ask a question or invite us over to your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...